Monday, July 04, 2011

Today, I'm declaring WAR !!

I'm going into battle ...

against ...

my FATS !!


Dengan rasminya, hari ni my TRA (The Right Approach) DIET project telah dilancarkan.

My friend delivered the products to me this morning, briefed me about product intake and food consumptions, had my measurements and weight taken.

Wah... segala-gala-galanya melebihi peratusan yang dibenarkan! (I'm in DEEEEEP trouble!)




Walaupun she said I could start tomorrow, I decided not to waste any time and started right away!




using your hand/fist/palm to estimate the amount of food allowed






Visceral Fat Rating

Visceral fat surrounds the internal organs of your body. The Visceral Fat Healthy Range shows if the amount of visceral fat you have is healthy. Rating 1-12 indicates you have a healthy level of visceral fat. Rating 13-59 indicates you have an excess level of visceral fat.


Basal Metabolic Rate:

Indicates the number of calories your body burns when at rest. BMR tend to decrease as we get older. Prevent this through a regular routine of cardiovascular exercise and increased activity. Having a higher (or increased) basal metabolism will increase the number of calories used and help to decrease the amount of body fat.


Metabolic Age:

If your Basal Metabolic age is higher than your actual age (in my case - I'm 48 and my metabolic age reading showed 64!!?? I feel old already!! ), it is an indication that you need to improve your metabolic rate. Increased exercise will build healthy muscle tissue together with feeding the muscles with the right amount of protein so that your muscles act as fat furnaces. And NOT skipping meals, which has the effect of slowing your metabolism down! All these actions will improve your metabolic age.


Dolly: "What should be UP and what should be DOWN?"

Answer: "To lose weight and change your shape, the body fat %, visceral fat, metabolic age and weight should go DOWN; while the BMR, body water % (Female: 45-60%; Male:50-65%) and muscle mass should go UP !"

USUAL TIPS:

Drink lots of water and do simple exercises.

A modest exercise program equivalent to a brisk 30-minute walk can help get rid of accumulated visceral fat, while even more exercises can actually reverse the amount of visceral fat. So...

"Jom...?

sapa nak temankan saya pegi brisk-walking?"


"Tak der?... hmmm... Tak per la, nanti tunggu my girls balik from internship. Boleh jadikan girl's activity. Sementara tu .... "


SmileyCentral.com

6 comments:

  1. Sis,

    The BEST brisk walking exercise is to go walking in the shopping mall !!!! You get to enjoy yourself and working out at the same time. And I am VERY SURE, there will be "others" who would love to accompany you then...hahahahahaha

    PGX9595

    ReplyDelete
  2. hari-hari pi "exercise" brisk walking kat mall, bukan myself yg lose weight...but my purse yang jadi slim-melim!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for dropping by and for the info, armouris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article! That is the kind of info that are meant to be shared across the
    internet. Shame on Google for not positioning this
    publish higher! Come on over and consult with my website .
    Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any
    message boards that cover the same topics talked about in this
    article? I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get comments
    from other experienced individuals that share the same interest.
    If you have any recommendations, please let
    me know. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep on working, great job!

    ReplyDelete