Sunday, July 10, 2011

Self Motivation

I came across this article while googling about 'weight loss' this morning. Though, it is totally not about diets/exercises and stuff, it is somewhat related to 'weight loss' in another way. I read it over and over and really put some thought into it. Read on... who knows ... you might want to go on this 'weight loss' programme too.


All of us are born with baggage. We’re born with certain talents, particular family dynamics, unique personalities, specific socio-economic statuses and most definitely, some shortcomings.

We’re born into lives that expect things of us, into lives that place obstacles in our way. And while all of these circumstances help to shape our fate, fate is not destiny. We are equipped with the tools necessary to determine our own futures.

Too many of us, though, get caught up in this 'baggage'. We use it as an excuse because it’s “who we are” or it’s "just the way it is". Well, at some point that baggage becomes your burden to bear – no longer because it was placed on you, but rather because you’ve failed to remove it! You have the power to decide whether to keep on lugging it around, or, to put it down and walk away.

Remove it.
Put it down and walk away.
You can be whoever you want to be.
It’s all about choice.

For each of us, our obstacles are different. But, defining your baggage means, you can put it down. You can put it down ... and walk away. You can run away. And you never have to look back. You have the power to distance yourself from your circumstances, to determine your own destiny and to be whoever you want to be.

The first step in getting there, though, is in figuring out the contents of your baggage. Knowing what you’re carrying around, allows you to release it.

So, what’s the baggage you’re holding on to?

And, starting today, can you take the steps necessary to start to un-tie it from your back, put it down and walk away? It may just be the best (and certainly most effective!) weight-loss plan you’ve ever embarked on!


Author: Alexis Wolfer





Dolly: I’ve learned so much of the who, what, when, where, why, how... and I'm glad to have started my journey to put down dead weight in my life. I need to lose 10 physical lbs ... and 100 emotional lbs! Am continuing my "weight loss" journey ...

TODAY's AFFIRMATIONS:
I take responsability for my life.
I am worthy of being happy, now.
I let go of the need to be approved of by others. I approve of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment