Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hari Raya Aidil Fitri 2010

It has been 10 days since my last entry. Raya pun dah seminggu berlalu. Kelmarin finally selesai kemas-mengemas as well as ironing 4 big baskets of clothing. Fuhh!!

First day of Raya this year started off being exceptionally quiet. Kalau selalunya rumah penuh dengan tetamu for the 'Open House' event, with my parents away ber-Hari Raya di Pahang, this year my guests were only a handful. By noon, we locked-up the house and went visiting my aunts in Bukit Mertajam and later proceeded ke rumah mertua. Haa.. kat sini, bila dah berjumpa saudara-mara, barulah terasa suasana raya.






my sister, Ani with niece Dayana and nephew Khalid




from left: Firdaus, my father-in-law Ismail Mukhtar, Farid and cousins




Firdaus with my nephew's wife Sheila and son Aidiel

Balik dari rumah mertua, that night my sister and I started our preparations for tomorrow's menu.


kulit udang


kulit udang digoreng sebentar supaya wangi


kemudian rebus, di-blend kasar, tapis dan ambil airnya


kuah udang


tambahkan ketam, sotong kering, ayam, udang kering for flavour


sambal



Yasmin and I .. all ready and waiting for guests



Ani (sister) and I .. posing dulu sementara belum 'belemoih'

Sudah menjadi tradisi keluarga, on 2nd day my relatives akan datang ber-Hari Raya at my place dan menikmati my sister's hidangan istimewa - Mee Udang / Hokkien Mee. Tapi.. menjelang tengahari, masih belum nampak sesiapa datang... eemmm... mana pegi, ek?

3pm.. barulah the first car arrived. They said they were caught in a gridlock on the Penang Bridge for three hours!!. Rupa-rupanya the Tenaga Nasional power cables, 2km away from the Prai toll plaza, caught fire and caused a massive traffic jam on both sides of the bridge. At the height of the jam, the bumper-to-bumper crawl stretched up to at least 10km!!





Those who got on the bridge road link early managed to cross over to the island while the rest of my relatives cancelled their trip or turned back and headed home as the road to the bridge was closed.


Day 3: Barbeque Night

Pagi Ahad, Adnan (Ani's friend) and Rudy (Yasmin's friend) arrived from KL for the Raya holidays. All four of them then took over the kitchen .. cleaning and marinating the chicken for the BBQ while Farid and his friend Khalid were out getting the sausages, potatoes etc.



Alhamdulillah, the weather was excellent that night for BBQ and the turnout of guests were good. From the looks of it, we all had fun!



from left: Ayie, Hairie, Hazwan and Shafiq


lamb and chicken


potatoes


Rudy & Shafiq


Khalid & Farid sempat berposing lagi





Yasmin's group of friends


My sincere gratitude and thanks to all that helped out in making it a memorable and fun night.
Photos credit to: Shazleen Syaker, Yasmin, Zuliani & Hazman Hafiz

2 comments:

  1. ooooo camtu....goreng dulu kepala dia ek.. hmmmm nanti nanti kite buat kasi tok guru rasa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. orait.. dah buat tu, jemputlah kiter yer..

    ni nak kena start kumpul kulit & kepala udang lagi lepas ni.. kot bila2 teringin nak ter-buat mee udang

    ReplyDelete