Sunday, September 05, 2010


Firdaus is back for the holidays yesterday! His bus left Seremban at 10.30am and arrived Butterworth at 6pm. Uihh..! lamanya! "That'll be the last time I travel home by bus!", he grumbled. Going back nanti, don't have to worry, Mama dah belikan flight ticket dah.

Selepas makan sedikit kuih dan air kelapa untuk berbuka puasa, we all left for Teluk Tempoyak - nak makan ikan bakar. Faiz called up earlier to order the dishes so that nanti boleh terus makan jer. As we made our way into the narrow and winding downhill road to get to the restaurant, we were shocked to find lots of cars lined up and parked at the side of the already narrow road. At one point, our car simply could not pass through because of the haphazard parking and had to be reversed back uphill! Aduih! Looking at the crowd, rasa stressed and hilang mood nak makan!

Itu baru bab arrival. Selepas makan, dah sangkut tak boleh nak balik pulak, also disebabkan masalah parking tadi. We had to walk up to get to our car parked uphill. Tak sampai 50m, my dad was already gasping! Takut jugak I tengok keadaan dia. We stopped and sat by the side of the road sampailah all the cars left and Faiz could finally come and fetch us. Looks like that'll be the last of 'makan-makan di Telok Tempoyak' for us lah!

Arrived home, I ada projek nak dibuat pulak - Projek Daging Goreng Asam Garam. Earlier in the day, my dad sudah pegi beli daging and kelempong suruh I masak untuk nak dibawa ke Pahang tomorrow for my brother. I called my cousin, Kak Ju, and asked for the recipe. Recipe ni actually is from my maternal grandmother. Sebenarnya I dah beberapa kali try, tapi so far, ada jer rasanya yang tak berapa nak tepat. Bila dah tanya my cousin tu, rupanya my cara dan bahan yang tak betul! Apa la! So I pun masaklah semalam mengikut petua yang diberi, and happy to say, it turned out well!



This morning my parents left for Pahang, membawa bekalan yang dimasak semalam and some other stuff, planning to celebrate Hari Raya there with my brother and might continue to stay there for a while after Raya.

2 comments:

  1. ehem...syok nampak :). apa resepidaging tu? sharelah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tu la.. lupa ambik gambaq.. kalu dak, boleh posting kat sini dah. resipi coming soon..

    ReplyDelete