Sunday, December 02, 2012

Back to Class

It’s been a month since I started my new hobby.  Well… not actually new la.. It’s a continuation of some ‘unfinished business’.

Sebulan selepas Firdaus left for Manchester, berlakulah sedikit ‘kemurungan’ sebab rindu him so much. Walaupun kerap Skype sembang-sembang dengan dia, tapi still missed him all the same.

Out of the blue, Faiz suddenly suggested to me, “Why don’t you sambung belajar...do something to occupy your time?"

I was like … “Ha??? Sambung belajar?”

“Ya la… why not? Dulu you stopped your piano halfway, now would be an ideal time to continue and complete the course. Cuba find out if you can apply into USM... buat degree in music?” 

His suggestions awakened my senses with a burst of new energy… making me snap out of my depression!

hmm... why not?


So…  bermulalah hobby baru (yang tak berapa nak baru tu!).

Emmmm… dulu stop tahap mana yer…?

Jap nak selongkar cari …

Jumpa dah !! Nasib baik tak hilang!






1977 - 1984


I enrolled for classes at two different music centres to compare their teaching methods. I opted to start from Level 1.





The first lesson was truly exciting! Touching the piano keys.. listening to the sounds it made .. was like being transported back to 'those days'. But sad to say.... banyak yang dah terlupa and also very very slow to read the music notes. Gosh! I really need loads of practice !!

But how to practice when I only go for classes once a week?

Just staring at the music notes at home is not going to get me anywhere!!



I went out....

.... and got myself a new toy ....



cakkk!! 
Yamaha DGX640


Haaaa..... now boleh la practice !!

10 comments:

  1. Perlahan-lahan lama2 nanti ingat balik segala note yang dah 'terperuk' tu... cuma takut-takut nanti you jadi lagi 'jiwang' kot...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uisshh ! jiwang yang romantika tak pa, jangan jiwang depression :-)

      nanti nak cari balik music notes lagu2 kegemaran husband.. nak suruh dia nyanyi while I play the piano... hahaha...

      Delete
    2. Wow! ok..ok... I dah terbayang betapa romantiknya you berdua... Psst! main lagu 'You're my Everything' awww!

      Delete
    3. ooohh! i love that song! when i practice lagu tu nanti, sure ingat kat u jugak ;-)

      Delete
  2. wallaweiiii, practice dulu banyak2, then invite me to d concert okay :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. laaaambat lagi la nak boleh ber-concert tu ... la ni baru boleh main lagu "jingle bells" ... muahahaha... (kesian kat cheq!)

      Delete
    2. tahniah to Adil on his graduation. tahniah juga to you and C.Wan on this happy occassion !

      Delete
  3. Hi Dolly, wayyyyy to go! I have always admired women who play the piano. And in fact in my required resume for a wife long ago was 'must be able to play the piano'.

    But instead found a lady who could sing instead....well, it's that or nothing.
    Good for you picking it up again....
    Ok, next day can play, 'To love again' by Chopin. Boleh?
    Have fun and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncle Lee.. these days got many songs in my heart! hahahaha...
    I'll practise "To Love Again" and when it's prefect, I'll upload it here specially for you :-)

    Warm regards,
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete