Monday, April 04, 2011

If you love someone... tell them, spend time with them.

Have been putting off going to the movies with my girls because of the chronic cough I was having. Yesterday, confident that the cough was somewhat 'controllable', we decided to go watch Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa.

My brother, who is back from Pahang for a few days, heard us discussing our plans during lunch and invited himself to join us which also prompted my parents to tag along!

Free Orkut and My Space animated emotions GraphicsGlitters

peace!



Sitting in the cinema, waiting for the movie to be screened, a question suddenly crossed my mind, "When was the last time I went to the movies with my brother, eh??".

+
-
x
/

... ceita "Star Wars", tahun 1977 lebih kurang macam tu lah!
Uish! Laaama tu!!
If only my sister was here too,
it would have made this 'reunion' complete!


My siblings



To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.
-Clara Ortega




I perhatikan, begitu jugak hakikatnya with my three children. Dulu, masa ketiga-tiga ada kat rumah, asyik nak gaduh ja. Sorang macam ni, sorang macam tu... haish! But now, bila masing-masing dah besar... away doing their own stuff, they constantly keep updates about each other thru me.



"Mama, adik apa habaq? How's his studies?"
"Mama, how's abang's project? Ok ka? Dok tension lagi ka?"
"Mama, sapa ada kat rumah? Abang and kakak dok buat apa?"
"Mama, minggu ni adik tak balik ka?"
"Mama, I miss adik. Bila kita nak pi tengok dia?"
"Mama nak mai KL, bawak abang and kakak dak?"

... etc etc ...


No 1: Haih! Mai sini dok diam diam!
No 2: Isy! Tension la abang dok kongkong cheq!
No 3: 'The Adventurer' - Wanna go there, wanna try this, wanna do that..



The kids may not realize that they care, but if you separate them, they realize, "Hey, I miss my sibling." - Carl Douglas


As their mother, I want each of them to know that I couldn't possibly have a "Favorite child".



I love them all
- not equally -
but
Fully and Uniquely
coz that's who they are
- Special and Unique -
in their own ways.




Brothers and sisters can be best friends, making family life more enjoyable and fulfilling for all members. It may not be easy and they will likely still argue on occasions, but it is possible for them to have some fun along the way.

Someday in the near future, even with having their own families, I hope my children will still maintain the love and care that they have for each other. Mungkin occasionally plan their holidays together or even snuggle up (like me yesterday) have fun go watch movies together! (Don't forget to bring Mama along, eh?!)

2 comments:

  1. My beloved Sis,

    This is the best blog EVER !!!! Sampai menangis chek baca.... I wish I was there.... We all may have our differences, nothing can change the fact that WE WILL ALWAYS BE A FAMILY....

    Love you always forever & ever !!!
    PGX9595

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished you were at the movies with us too, honest!! Dad and Mum sharing popcorns, Hasli sitting next to me, with Min and JU on my other side. I teringat dulu2 lepas tengok wayang Dad bawak kita pi makan di TOP TOP Restaurant (or was it TIP TOP?).. etc.

    I'm glad it touched your heart because I meant every word I wrote here.

    I luv you all FULLY AND UNIQUELY.

    ReplyDelete